Inspired by Brittani Nelson
"I am inspired and ready to help launch the P.O.W.E.R SPARKS book to allow women entrepreneurs a platform to share their journey and inspirational life story about how they got to where they are in their business now. I wanted a way for women to collaborate and join forces while adding a powerful spark to lives all across the world. As strong POWERful women in the world let's share from our hearts and take this next BIG step in our businesses so everyone knows who we are!"
"It's been the most marvellous experience collaborating with such an amazing group of women! Firstly thank you to Tami and Denise for bringing the original energy and warmth to this project; after that it was full steam ahead. I'd not really experienced working with a 'real' editor before and Judy was an absolute dream to work with. Nothing has been too much trouble whenever any help was needed.Susie Briscoe, Life SPARKS, Edition #1, Business & Legacy Strategist
This is a wonderful project to get involved with - the depth of sharing has to be experienced and the quality of what is being produced is a reflection of the care and attention which has gone into the 'birthing' of this first edition.
If you are having any thoughts of dipping your toes into the water to get a book out there I have to encourage you to gentle yourself into the experience by working with these wonderful people.
I'm looking forward to seeing your story in print in the next edition... just go ahead! Warmest wishes from the UK, Susie.
It is a calling, a yearning, a burning desire. You have a unique story, an empowering message. You know it matters and that it will impact the lives of others. You need to share it.
It is so much more than story telling—it is story sharing and life caring.
You want your message to reach hundreds, thousands, millions of readers. But you are not an author... you do not have 50,000 words to share. You know your message is important. What do you do?
With professional guidance, YOU WRITE YOUR STORY!
And with a group of like-minded people you collectively share it with the world! Our team of experts will help you do this.
You do not need to know how to build a website, get published or create a marketing plan... or even write! We do!
Aspiring and Seasoned Writers Welcome!
"Being a contributing author to anthologies grows me as an author. They are a painless, professional way to be published. I'll tell you why: common topic anthologies bring extra attention to topics I'm passionate about. I can sell as many (or as few) books at a good profit. They've enabled me to work with top-notch publishing professionals and authors. Last but not least, marketing success is compounded by the number of authors—and my stories get out to audiences, which equals life change for them and me!"Judy Dippel, Life SPARKS, Edition #1 and SPARKS Editor, contributing author to, But Lord I Was Happy Shallow (Kregel), Laundry Tales to Lighten Your Load (Evergreen Press), The One Year Life Verse Devotional (Tyndale House)
What do I write about?
YOUR LIFE! Share a moment in time when you experienced a life-changing challenge—and the spark that drove the change to overcome it. What aha-moment was the spark that led to being the person you are today?
Where do I start?
• What is the first life experience that popped into your mind? That's where you start— the story that you need to share. Imagine how it can be told to inspire others.
• In one word, what is the main theme or topic? (e.g. illness, motherhood, career, marriage, divorce, prodigal child, etc.) Thoughts for a title?
• It can be a true story about you, or about another person, place or thing—either way, think what, how, and why this impacted your life today. How will this ignite the hearts of others?
• Know that you don't have to write perfect—just be transparent and real—write in your voice and style. Imagine you are talking to a friend; let your thoughts flow. For final copy, our team will make suggestions where needed, and help you organize and edit to achieve a professional final copy. An accomplishment that will make you proud!
Quick Tips for an Inspiring Short Story:
Begin with a hook sentence. Show (don't tell) the a challenge or difficulty you need to overcome. e.g. "I was nervously sweating as I walked into yet another doctors office. I couldn't bear to hear it again—'It's all in your head.'"
Create the body of your story. What are the three to five pivotal happenings, decisions or actions that tell the story, and drive it toward the final outcome? Things pursued, struggles faced, the people who had answers—the key things that propel your story forward to overcome or a successful outcome. What were the aha-moments—the sparks?
Write a satisfying ending. Circle back and wrap up what your title promises. Resolve. Satisfy. Show benefit. Ask an open-ended question, or share a quote that makes your point clear, your decisions and actions better understood and valuable.
Ask yourself, "What have I experienced that will help and encourage someone else?
"To be part of a community of passionate authentic messengers, daring greatly to share their stories unapologetically, reveal the strength of the human spirit and is truly a gift from the soul. There is emotional freedom and healing in sharing, and being authentic connects you to the essence of your true self. Joseph Campbell says, “The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are” and Eckhart Tolle says, “Only the truth will set you free”. I am grateful for Tami, Judy and Denise for providing such a wonderful venue for genuine expression and making this experience a heartfelt reality for me by providing exceptional professional expertise, thoughtful encouragement, and extraordinary support. For the reader, I hope they will see themselves in our stories and their hearts will be opened and spirits uplifted with a ripple effect, “Each one, reach one, teach one” to transform the world one person at a time."Jean Farish, Life SPARKS, Edition #1
"Working with Tami and her amazing team was not only a great way to get my voice heard, but they carefully held my hand through each and every process making this a joyful and exciting journey. I am so fortunate to be among some of the most illuminating, inspiring, and igniting group of people. Thank you!"Susan Greif, Life SPARKS, Edition #1
What do I get?
Edited, Published and Promoted!
12 Weeks of Training and Support Calls by SPARKS Experts!
Community Building and Peer Support!
12 Weeks of Training and Support Calls by SPARKS Experts!
Community Building and Peer Support!
Your 1800 word story and personal bio published in P.O.W.E.R. SPARKS, Edition #1
Your SPARK story edited by a professional editor who works personally with you
Your SPARK story professionally formatted and published in printed and digital versions
Your story featured on AuthenticMessengers.com and complete book on Amazon.com
A customized author profile page on AuthenticMessengers.com with your personal bio
Community support and guidance to help you promote your story and gain visibility as an author
Your story promoted to a collective, global audience via media and social media
100% profit from SPARKS books and SPARK Shorts that you buy & sell from your website & events
All SPARK books are made available to major US and international bookstores
Trusted, professional and accessible team to support you and answer your questions
Lifelong friendships, partnerships and community with your life-changing co-authors
Pride in knowing Your SPARK story is part of a quality book that meets all industry standards
TWELVE group author training and strategy coaching calls with our professional team and co-compiler Brittani Nelson: focused on writing, publishing, marketing and collaborating with your fellow authors!
IGNITE YOUR SPARK
- SESSION #1: Lighting the Spark with Tami Blodgett and Allison Saia In this introductory call, we will be laying out the program, and taking you step by step through the logistics. You will also meet all the inspiring people who will be taking this journey with you.
- SESSION #2: Finding Your Message with Allison Saia Allison will teach you ways to find your truth and your unique message to share with the world in Life SPARKS. You will come out of this call with clarity on how to find what your story is.
- SESSION #3: Taking the Fear Out of the Editing Process with Judy Dippel Judy, our SPARKS editor, will explain the editing process--how it works, what to expect, and answer any questions on editing. The aim of this call is to demystify the editing process, and take the fear out of turning your work over to an editor.
ILLUMINATE YOUR MESSAGE
- SESSION #4: Burning up the Airwaves: How to Prepare for Radio Interviews with Tami Blodgett and Catherine VanWetter Tami and Catherine, Authentic Messengers Radio host, will talk about the importance of utilizing radio as a platform to get your message out to the world. They will provide professional instruction on how to get yourself ready for your first interview..
- SESSION #5: My SPARK is Done. Now What? With Patricia Marshall Patricia, owner of Luminare Press, will explain the publishing process and what the next steps will be. This publishing overview will give you an insider’s look on how a SPARKS book ignites.
- SESSION #6: Sell Yourself: Creating Your Personal Profile Page with Dan Saia and Tami Blodgett In this call, you will learn how to build your Authentic Messengers Author Page. Dan, our tech guru, and Tami will guide you on how to make the most out of your personal author page.
INSPIRE OTHERS WITH YOUR SPARK
- SESSION #7: Finding Your Tribe with Tami Blodgett In this call with Tami, you will learn the importance of building a platform and finding people who need your message. Tami will give you tips and strategies on how to find the right people for your message.
- SESSION #8: Sharing Your SPARK With The World through Social Media Our social media team will explain all the platforms you should be promoting yourself and your book on, and give you cutting edge strategies on how to maximize your social media impact.
- SESSION #9: Utilizing Amazon Author Pages with Judy Dippel Amazon Author Pages are a fantastic way to establish yourself as a respected author. Judy will guide you in setting yours up, and how to use that platform to your advantage.
IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES
- SESSION #10: On Air: Hosting Your Own Radio Show with Tami Blodgett Did you ever think you could use your SPARK to become a radio show host? Tami will show you how easy it can be to become a radio show host, and keep your SPARK shining!
- SESSION #11: Pick Our Brains In this panel featuring our expert team members-Tami, Allison, and Judy, you can ask us anything! This call will be an open Q&A for you to gain clarity on any burning questions you might have.
- SESSION #12: SPARKS Bash: A Celebration You’ve all come so far as messengers and authors. It’s time to celebrate all you’ve accomplished, and all the places you’re going to go!
"Back in 2009, I was invited to be part of an anthology, Overcomers, INC with 38 authors from around world. We were asked to share our story of overcoming an adversity within our personal life. To be part of a collective venture was both inspiring and humbling. I was deeply touched by the candidness, vulnerability and strength that each author shared, and the blessings each one experienced by going through their challenge. Though each of our stories were uniquely different, the overarching similarities were astounding. It reminded me of how intricately we are connected within the story of who we are and the astounding resiliency of heart and soul. To bear witness to each of our challenges and triumphs changed my life forever. For that I will be forever blessed."Catherine VanWetter, Life SPARKS, Edition #1 and Authentic Messengers Radio Host, Overcomers INC, created and published by Love Your Life Publishing
Who would I be working with?
Co-Creator SPARKS Series
"Supporting authors to share
their message is my expertise and passion."
Tami is a respected Messenger Support Expert, who tirelessly serves those who yearn to make a real difference in the world.
Co-Creator SPARKS Series
Positive Media Ventures
"My passion is helping you find your voice, and guiding you, on your writing journey. "
Allison is a professional wordsmith and a highly effective writing coach. She brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to share.
SPARKS Editor/ Ghostwriter Owner of JLD Writes
"I enjoy crafting words that speak for you ... even while you sleep!"
Judy is the author of several books, ghostwriter, inspirational speaker, writing coach, and owner of a freelance writing business.
Owner of Luminare Press
" I have a strong desire to help authors produce a polished, professional book."
Patricia brings a thorough knowledge of printing and a passion for non-fiction book editing to the process.
Commonly Asked Questions
How long will my chapter be?
Chapters will cap at 1800 words. We suggest submitting your chapter slightly longer, up to 2200 words, and our editorial team will assist you in tightening it up for optimal readability.
Who will be editing my work?
SPARKS books are edited by our professional editors, Judy Dippel and Allison Saia, They will work closely with you to create a story that is unique and matches your style, reflecting who you are, what you do and why you do it.
Where will my story be in the book?
The SPARKS team will determine together, the best placement of each story in the book. Flow, readability and diversity will be considered.
Where will SPARKS be sold?
All SPARKS books will be available on Amazon in both print and digital (Kindle) versions. It will also be formatted and available on Nook and other digital platforms we determine to be a good fit. SPARKS books are made available for any bookstore to purchase.
May I sell books myself?
YES! We encourage you to and will offer classes on ways you can do this. You will retain 100% of profits from books you privately purchase and sell on your website or at events. Amazon will determine the author’s cost per book based on word count and formatting. We will not know exact cost until it is available on Amazon. We estimate between $3 and $7.
Will I receive royalties from the sale of books on Amazon?
Yes! Fifty percent (50%) of Amazon sales will be distributed equally to all Contributing Authors once each calendar year. in the month of April, beginning the April following release date and continuing for three (3) years.
Who will own my story?
YOU own your story! SPARKS Books, a division of Positive Media, LLC, will hold non-exclusive First Anthology Rights. You will agree not to publish or permit others to publish your chapter prior to its publication in SPARKS, nor until six months after the appearance of the anthology.
Do I need to be concerned about privacy of people in my story?
Yes! You will sign that your chapter is not in violation of any rights of privacy or any other rights of third persons, and does not violate any existing common law or statutory copyrights. You may be asked to provide written permissions.
When is the balance of my contributor's fee due?
The balance of your contributor fee of $500 ($697 less $197 deposit paid), is due 30 days after application. Payment arrangements may be requested. Full payment is due prior to assignment to our editorial staff.
May I make payment arrangements?
Only in special circumstances and upon agreement with a representative of Positive Media Ventures, LLC. 50% of payment must be made prior to editing and full payment prior to book design and formatting.
Will I receive any copies of the book?
You will be sent one complimentary copy and you will have author rights to purchase unlimited books at Amazon cost. You will be responsible for all shipping of additional books.
What if I decide to pull my story from publication?
Up until your story is accepted for inclusion in the requested SPARKS book, you may request your story be withdrawn and a full refund will be issued. After this time, you may request withdrawal with no refunds issued. See agreement for details.